Reflecting and Giving Thanks
All of us have now begun the annual “last week of November to the end of December,” the “Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year” cycle! It is a great time of year to reflect on all we have to be thankful for . . . for all the “provision and blessing” God has graciously given us.
To list just a few:
- Eternal life through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- Another year of life and relationship with Him
- God’s blessing us through the country we live in
- His provision of our needs
Give Thanks in Challenging Circumstances
Even though God provides for and blesses us as His children, some of us are challenged with circumstances that might cause us to forget all that we have been given, that is, “everything pertaining to life and godliness” (II Pet. 1:3).
If you are facing some personal challenges right now, don’t forget that His provision and blessing have been, are and always will be:
- A witness of His continuing presence with you
- Proof of His special care for you
God’s ongoing provision and blessing in our lives are also reminders for us to:
- Give credit where credit is due . . . What do we have that hasn’t been given to us by God?
- Acknowledge our ongoing dependence on Him at all times . . . When are we not dependent?
- Submit the future to His care . . . He sees it all!
- Affirm that there never is a place/time that God is not caring for you . . . Even when you don’t “feel” like it is true!
- Remember that there is never a time that you have to hurry His provision . . . His time is always the right time!
- BE THANKFUL . . . IN EVERYTHING GIVE THANKS!
As the chorus to the old hymn says:
“Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your blessings see what God has done!”
Prayer Requests From Nigeria
I am spending part of my “end of the year cycle” in Nigeria for which I would appreciate your prayers.
We hope to have 400+ at the three workshops I will be conducting in December. By years end nearly 1,600 pastors and leaders in Africa will have been trained in 2015 as a result of your prayers and support. Thank you for the ongoing blessing from God you are being for so many pastors and those who are blessed by their ministry of preaching and teaching the Word of God.
Please continue to pray and consider giving at years end to help even more pastors in Africa in 2016.
More Bibles Needed
As always, one of our greatest ongoing needs is buying and shipping Bibles well in advance of our planned workshops. Any help you could give in providing Bibles will multiply God’s blessing through your life to so many more in Africa.
May God richly bless you at this wonderful time of the year!